The Dream Factory grants the dreams of children who are critically or chronically ill. We welcome all levels of support. Become a dream maker TODAY. Your donation is tax deductible.
The Dream Factory is an organization that depends almost entirely on it’s network of volunteers both at the chapter level and the national level. Click here to volunteer.
Note: Volunteering for a position that works directly with children requires a clean background check.
At the local level, most chapters have a monthly board meeting to discuss new dreams, pending dreams, fundraising and other events. Each chapter is composed of a board, along with additional volunteers. Opportunities to volunteer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Special Events
- Public Relations
- Information Technology
- Community Relations
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Dream Screening & Selection
- Dream Managers
- Web Updaters
Refer A Child
Because The Dream Factory respects the privacy of families who have critically or chronically ill children, we do not actively recruit children for dreams or accept referrals from friends. If you know of a child who might be eligible for a dream, encourage the family to visit the website of a local chapter or contact our national headquarters. Click here to refer a child.
Who can refer:
- A parent or legal guardian of an ill child
- A treating physician of an ill child
- The ill child
PLEASE NOTE: Dream referrals will only be considered for children who reside in communities where chapters exist. The Dream Factory regrets that our volunteers are not able to grant all requests, but must limit their efforts to their local children. Click here to find local chapters.
Start A Chapter
A Dream Factory Chapter can be established in any community, regardless of location or size. All that is required is a group of dedicated people willing to give their time and talents to help dreams come true for children in their community.
It is important to note that Dream Factory is a volunteer organization and The Dream Factory Chapters operate with no paid staff.
If you are interested in serving as the volunteer leader of a new chapter, the National Headquarters of The Dream Factory will provide the appropriate direction, information, and materials to begin operation. The volunteer leader – commonly referred to as Area Coordinator – will serve as supervisor for the chapter’s day-to-day operations and as the liaison with the National Headquarters.
To begin the process of establishing a new Dream Factory Chapter:
- Contact The Dream Factory National Headquarters to inform them of your desire to establish a new chapter.
- Begin to assemble a core group of volunteers to serve as officers of the chapter. (Consideration should be given to the importance of including an attorney, accountant, and physician in this core group.)
- Complete the Chapter Contract which will be produced and forwarded to you by the National Headquarters and return it as soon as possible. This documentation authorizes you to operate as a Dream Factory Chapter, within the bylaws of our organization. After your signed contract is received by the National Headquarters, you will be sent a copy of the Standard Operating Procedures Manual and other appropriate documents to assist in your chapter’s development.
- Secure a local address and telephone number to which interested volunteers, dream applicants, and donors can be referred.
- Establish an account in the Dream Factory’s name at a local bank in conjunction with National Headquarters.
- Hold a general organization meeting to stimulate interest in The Dream Factory in your community and identify potential volunteers. A representative of the National Headquarters will attend this meeting to answer questions, provide appropriate direction and help you on the way to granting your chapter’s first dream.
IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND DESIRE TO MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE IN YOUR COMMUNITY, CALL OUR NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS TODAY!
24-Hour Run For Dreams
The 2019 24-Hour Run For Dreams was held Aug. 3-4 at Red Orchard Park in Shelbyville, KY. Check out the 2019 RESULTS. Thank you to all who made this event so special and we’re already looking forward to 2020!
Follow us on FACEBOOK.
RECORDS / YEARLY RESULTS
And a THANK YOU to our sponsors this year!
- The Arbuckle Sound
- Dream Factory National Headquarters
- Garrett-Stotz Insurance & Bonds
- Gogh Crazy Art Studio On Main (Shelbyville)
- Swags Sport Shoes
- Taylor Orthodontics in Crestwood/Prospect/Shelbyville
- And our new EVENT MANAGEMENT – Headfirst Performance
The Dream Factory Racing Team was created in 2012 as an outlet to raise funds for the Dream Factory, Inc., and to reach out to thousands of people who participate in marathons, half-marathons and shorter races around the country. Proceeds raised will help support The Dream Factory. The first wave of races the team participated in were in the spring of 2013. We encourage all runners/walkers of all ability levels to join, to not only complete a goal race but to raise money for a wonderful organization!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up.
Each runner/walker (after raising $50) receives a shirt, sling bag and bracelet at no cost. If you’re able to raise more than $500 for a race, then The Dream Factory will pay for (or reimburse) your registration fee up to $100. (Note: There is no fundraising requirement except the initial $50 to guarantee a race packet.)
The Dream Factory Racing Team is utilizing Active.com for our fundraising efforts. Steps to create your own donate page include:
1. Go to the website www.active.com/donate/dreamfactoryrunners
2. Click on “Become A Fundraiser”
3. Sign-in to your existing account or create a new account
4. Follow the steps to create your Fundraising Web Page
5. Direct friends/family to your page and donate through the secure site!
In 2016 Joshua Albir, started Psycho Turtle in hopes providing the best customer service and interaction possible. It all started from the trunk of his car and the garage of his home fulfilling online orders and providing amazing customer service. Shortly after venturing in into the “hobby” business, he met a small time Youtuber by the name of “Hardcorllector”. Together Hardcorlletor and Joshua have grown to be best of friends and business partners. They have taken the collectible industry by the horns and shown the world that it belongs to everyone, and that every moment and every booster pack that you open with friends and family is a memory that will forever be remembered with a smile. Through hardships, personal loses, and tribulations, their friendship has blossomed into the perfect partnership. Every day they strive to bring family and friends together by spending time together playing trading card games and board games. The opening of a brick-and-mortar store marks a new beginning in their quest to show the world that fun can bring everyone together.
Joshua and HardCorllector (https://www.youtube.com/user/HardCorllector/about) have always wanted to use their passions to make a difference and because of a Dream they are working with the Dream Factory to do just that. The pair was contacted about making the dream of an ill child come true – he wanted to meet his YouTube heroes! Not only did they make the dream come true, but they signed on to be National Ambassadors to make more dreams come true across the country and to raise awareness.
To get your own limited edition collectors pin and to find out more about this partnership click HERE.
Other Ways To Help
Attention Shoppers! You can do your Amazon shopping AND help The Dream Factory at the same time! When you sign up with AmazonSmile, choose The Dream Factory as the organization you wish to receive donations from eligible purchases before you start shopping.
Formerly known as GivingExpress®, Members Give connects you to the important causes that mean the most to you from health and human services, to education, the environment and more. Your dollar donations are tax-deductible and you’ll receive an e-mail receipt for your records.
Choose multiple ways to donate:
- Give to one or more charities and nonprofit organization
- Donate dollars with your American Express Card
- Redeem Membership Rewards® points to make a donation
- Set up recurring donations
- Spread your donation out over the year
- Best of all, donating online helps nonprofit organizations reduce administrative costs so that they can do more with the money you give.
eBay Giving Works is the program that helps sellers list items on eBay to benefit nonprofit organizations. Any eBay seller who has an account in good standing can create an eBay Giving Works listing. The program is administered by MissionFish, the nonprofit organization selected by eBay to administer the eBay Giving Works program.